Wednesday, September 23, 2009

TIFF Is over so now I am back!!

Hi Everyone,
It has been awhile since I had a chance to do an update. I am settling in back home after being in Toronto for the Film Festival. I can't believe I have been attending for 13 years. It is always good fun to go back to city living without kids and eat good food, do some shopping in peace, have a few drinks and watch great movies. My grand total was 33 movies this and overall it was a good year and I had a very solid festival. Lots of good to really good movies not very many amazing ones. Probably my best 'Festival Moment' was when I got to attend the closing gala at Roy Thompson Hall courtesy of General Motors. I should mention that Cadillac sponsers the People Choice award and they show one of 4 or 5 short films before each movie and they are the only ads that I can still handle watching by the end of the festival. This is an impressive feat considering they are using the same ones as last year. Anyways, I digress - I have never been to a gala before and since I was not prepared and it was my 4th movie of the day (once again the 33rd of the week) I was seriously underdressed in my sensible shoes and backpack. The movie was Young Victoria and I really liked it. I will admit I am a sucker for a period piece especially if there is a British Queen involved. It had the added bonus of starring Emily Blunt and she is fantastic in the movie. The other fun attraction was that Sarah Ferguson - The Duchess of York was there to promote the movie since she is the one who pitched the idea in the first place.
The movie got a standing ovation from the crowd. It was great to finally have the opportunity to experience a Gala at TIFF - Thank you GM!
P.S. I thought I would post these hilarous photos of McKinley as he is more fabulous than his mother and was not wearing his sensible shoes the day these were taken. As you expect his father is mortified.


Posted by Picasa